Oscillating U-tube Technology
A.KRÜSS Optronic Density Meters
The measurement of the density of an aqueous solution can be utilized to identify substances, to determine their quality or purity and to measure their concentration in binary or quasi-binary mixtures. It is a common tool utilized for quality assurance in the pharmaceutical, food & beverage, chemical and petrochemical industries. A.KRÜSS Optronic Density Meters utilize the highly accurate oscillating U-tube method in combination with controlled temperature for simple, fast and precise measurements of all flowable media, including viscous ointments and creams.
- Choose an accuracy of either +/- 0.001 g/cm3 (DS7700 Models) or +/- 0.0001 g/cm3 (DS7800 Models)
- Options for Manual sample introduction, semi-automatic sample introduction with peristaltic pump and automated sample introduction with autosampler.
- Ideal for aggressive samples and highly viscous samples
- Requires a small sample volume compared to alternative techniques such as Pycnometry or an aerometer.
- Pre-defined scales for density, relative density, Brix, concentration of alcohol, concentration of sulfuric acid. Any number of custom definable scales with conversions based on tables or formulas can be created.
- Complete documentation of all measured values and parameters with many options for data export. Audit trail capability.
- Easy to use intuitive software with large touch screen display
- Intelligent User Administration with authorized levels
- Precise temperature control
- Easy to inspect for air bubbles
- Low cost-per-test compared to other density measurement techniques
- Compliance with 21 CFR Part 11, GLP/GMP, Pharmacopoeias (USP, BP, JP, Ph. Eur.), FDA, ISO, NIST, ASTM, ICUMSA, OIML, AOAC, HAACP